Are you a crafty mom? Whether you have an entire room dedicated to crafting or your craft items fit into a tiny pencil case, you’ll love these easy toilet paper roll Christmas crafts for kids. They’re a great way to occupy your children for fifteen-to-twenty minutes at the kitchen table. Here’s how to get started.
How to Make Easy Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
This is one of those crafts that lends well to children of all ages. You can make it as simple or as elaborate as you want. We usually look at a few crafty websites and Pinterest boards for inspiration. And then we use our imagination.
In the past, we’ve made Christmas farm animals. One year, we made a small army of Christmas toilet paper roll soldiers. And another time, we used toilet paper rolls as DIY gift wrapping for friendship bracelets the girls created.
Supplies for Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Although we’ve previously made some pretty elaborate Christmas crafts using toilet paper rolls, I’m on a quest for simple Christmas activities this year.
- toilet paper rolls
- glue stick
- cotton makeup remover pads
- cotton batting
- multiple sheets of construction paper
Steps to Follow
Here’s what we did.
- Gather all the craft supplies you’ll need.
- Give each child a toilet paper roll, construction paper, and crayons.
- Cut the construction paper to cover the roll.
- Decorate as desired using all the supplies!
- You can also keep your tablet or laptop open to look at other people’s DIY toilet paper Christmas craft creations. We enjoyed seeing the nativity sets, napkin rings, wall art, gift card holders, snowmen, Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, elves, and other holiday favorites.
Optional Craft Supplies for Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
You can make all sorts of more elaborate toilet paper roll Christmas decorations depending on what other craft supplies you have on hand. Some other supplies to try could include
- Tempra paint
- oil paint
- colored pipe cleaners
- cotton gingham
- twine or yarn (wrap them around the rolls to make pretty holiday napkin rings)
One of the great things about homemade Christmas crafts like these is they stand the test of time.
I have pasta tree ornaments from over 20 years ago when my big kids were little. And my mother has egg-carton Christmas bells covered with tin foil that my sister made over 40 years ago!
More Easy Holiday Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Looking for more ideas to turn those toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls into fun holiday decorations? Here you go!
- Spaceships & Laserbeams 28 Christmas Crafts Made from Toilet Paper Rolls
- 365 Greetings 30 Christmas Crafts with Toilet Paper Rolls
- The Best Ideas for Kids Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Crafty Morning DIY Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas for Kids
- The Chaos & The Clutter Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Crafts